Dear Devotee & Patron,
Sub: Your help for Community Development Programme.
You are aware of the Ramakrishna Movement started by Swami Vivekananda according to the command of His Great Master Sri Ramakrishna Deva.
Keeping in view the above, Ramakrishna Math, Baranagar which is the Origin and Genesis of the Ramakrishna Order, has started Community Development Programme to serve the poor and needy people, mostly slum-dwellers residing around the Math.
In support of our endeavour for upbringing the young students from among the poor community around our Centre, We request all business houses, charitable trusts and generous donors to come forward to contribute Rs. 6,000.00, being the expenses per student per annum under this Programme.
Under the Integrated Child and Women Development Programme, the following welfare activities are being continued for the benefit of the destitute Slum Dwellers :
1. Gadadhar Sishu Vikas Kendra-(formerly known as Non-Formal School)Students from Pre-Nursery to Class IV std. are given Academic, Health Care and value education support. The mothers of the students are also provided with health care and moral support for upbringing their children. (capacity of 260 kids).
2. Swami Vivekananda Charitable Coaching Centre - (formerly known as Free Coaching Centre) for boys from Class V to X std. for academic and health care support (capacity of 41 students).
3. Computer Training for all the students of School and Coaching Centre.
4. Scholarship for Advanced Studies - About 60 poor needy students are being supported extending monthly financial help for tuition fees, purchasing of books and other expenses.
5. Swami Vivekananda Swasthya Seva Kendra: Daily 125 patients are being served giving free treatments and medicines by a team of Doctors. Besides, free Eye check up and Cataract Operation facilities are provided in assistance with our Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan Hospital, Kolkata 700026, West Bengal, India.
6. Pecuniary Help to the helpless aged persons: Presently 56 old and distressed persons are given monthly pension.
7. Other Relief Activities like distribution of Summer and Winter garments, daily distribution of Milk and Bread, Library facility etc. are going on. Religious Discourses on a regular basis, daily puja and celebration of Birthdays of Sri Sri Ramakrishna Deva, Sri Sri Ma Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda and others are also observed.
To know more click the following for details according to your choice :